Tuesday 29 December 2015

Not Dead - Yet

Greetings to all and to all a Merry Celebrationmas!

By now you have probably opened your presents and admired how everyone on Twitter has gotten better hobby presents than you, yes?

You may have also noticed that I've been very much absent from both my usual haunts but this blog as well.

The reason?

Gastroenteritis.

Yup not exactly the worst thing you can catch, but enough to keep me outta the game for 2 solid weeks, plus 24hrs in hospital attached to a drip.

So what joys do I have to share with you today?

Well I suppose I should begin with an update on where my hobby has figuratively taken me.

Well roughly two weeks ago was my 32nd birthday for which I had the fortune of some fantastic presents including a full team of Morticians as well as an Alchemist starter set for Guild Ball.

For those who remember, back in November I had a demo of the game and I really enjoyed it, so I was quite happy to see these. I don't have many intentions on invading the Guild Ball scene, it's a fun game and if I can play maybe a few games a year then I'll be happy, but more so I've focuses on the models I like so I'm looking forward to painting them up.

I also received my first Goblins for Moonstone!

Yup my troupe is forming!

To date the models in my collection for this consist of the following:



This fun dude is from the game Freebooter's Fate and will feature as a Goblin Pirate proxy.



This is a great model from Rackham's now defunct Confrontation range. No idea what to use him as.



Goblins wearing rats! What's not to love?



Goblin Rat Knights! At the very least this will make a nice proxy for the Goblin Pug-Rider!

Since then I have expanded my collection to also include:


A fun Goblin Gravedigger

And the Rackham Black Troll who will proxy for Boulder as my resident Troll but with a pirate theme.


Now I am using a lot of terms here that many of you may not be familiar, such as Boulder. Who is Boulder? What does he do? Well with hope you'll all get to see that in the (not too distant) future.

I've said before, but Moonstone really is the future of Character Driven Skirmish, and I can't wait to show you more!

********

I have also been gifted a large range of card games but to date have only tried the game Legendary Encounters:


This is a game that really took me a long while to figure out, to the extent I tried playing a solo game and worked out I was playing a couple of mechanics wrong.

So then me and the infinitely tolerant wife played a duo game, and then found out afterwards that even then we were still playing 2 of the mechanics wrong. Smooth, I know.

I'm hoping to get another game of this in soon as it seems to be a really fun game to play that appears to really capture the feeling of the Alien Saga. Plus no matter what happens, this game will not denounce the 3rd and 4th films ;)

Other than that I have been pretty much bed ridden and unable to do anything hobby wise, so I'll leave you now as always by wishing you stay safe and carry on being excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment