Thursday 4 October 2012

Lessons Learned

Good Thursday all!

So it's been an interesting couple of weeks, but let's get to the point:

Last Sunday I ran a 3 person demo at a friend's home. It was complicated and something I am NEVER doing again (at least not like that).

You see I was under the impression, because of my own assumptions, (however we all know what it means to ass-u-me) that at least two of the three had read and understood the rules, turns out I was completely wrong to assume this, and so planning a doubles brawl was a VERY bad idea.

I think that fun was had by all. We had a laugh, a joke and a game, however there were also a lot of head aches and confusions around Cheating Fate and Soul Stones.

It was then on my way home I read of another style of multi player game designed around those who are used to RPG games: the Solo Mini - Team game.

As soon as I read about this, I knew this was the game I should have played!

The strategy of this game is to have the GM (me) play with a full crew sans master. The other players then take one miniature each, the combined SS cost equalising my total and they have to work together to bring down my crew.

This seems like a game idea I could really get behind, and I'm kicking myself because I KNOW if I had played this it would have gone down so much better.

But I guess it's like they say, you win some, and you loose some.

-----

Anywho, this Saturday is my next Demo Day at Leisure Games, and for the second time, I have no Pre planned games.

It's going to be interesting, I've tried putting out the news to the regular store goers, but no takers yet.

I don't know if they are deliberately avoiding replying or not, but best not to dwell on it I say.

Well, I should get going, my train is nearly at my station and I've got a brisk walk to work to keep me going!

See you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment