Sunday 21 October 2012

So... What'd I miss?

Good Sunday all!

It's been a while since my last post, and quite a lot has happened!

Where to start? Well I suppose I should start off with an explanation:

This past week I've been on leave from work, my last extended amount of time off from work was of course back in May and that was for the recovery of my operation.

So I decided to spend this week kicking back and relaxing, which is exactly what I did.

So on Tuesday after dropping the kid off to nursery I went online and did some Warcraft dailies, something that I was very happy to do now I'm level 90. I then proceeded to put a film on and fall asleep in front of the TV. This was before waking up around 1600 in time to do a little house work.

Then came Wednesday, more dailies followed by another film and another sleep.

Then we were on Thursday, and from here on my wife and I were on joint leave, so we started the day with a McDonald's breakfast, some relaxing at home and then a nice pub lunch at our local.

It was shortly after that a friend of my wife's arrived (more on this in a bit) and we ordered Pizza before watching Prometheus.

- now I'll be writing a post on this separately in a few days, but please expect spoilers.

Friday, all three of us went to a local diner where we had a fried breakfast, and things started to go down hill from there. I originally thought it was a combination of the fat content in all the food I had eaten, and the lack of my gall bladder, but 3 days on and the discomfort is still present, and so instead something tells me I've had a mild form of food poisoning.

So yeah, the last few days have been fun. That said, Saturday my wife and her friend were going to a convention, and no way was I going to let something as annoying as regular toilet trips get in the way of that - I once couldn't go to a musical for her birthday because of V&D and she to this day hasn't forgiven me.

But one thing I believe I have neglected to tell you is about the joys of teething. You see ever since a week Friday, the Moo has been teething between 2-3 teeth at a time, this has resulted in very late night time interrupts, rubbish sleep and general feelings of crap.

This is why I lived being able to nap during the day so much, I can't even begin to stress how much this helped.

It was also over the past few days that a realisation hit me: my tournament, set for 4th November? Not going to happen!

Because of uptake, if it was going to happen, we'd be looking at £20 a head entrance fees just to cover the rent!

No instead I've had to cancel this event and will reschedule in January. The good news is that I've already had a rough 4 additional people who are interested in it for January.

...

They say there are no mistakes in life, only lessons. It's when you don't learn from these lessons that they become mistakes.

Well there's one thing that I've learned, no matter how suitable a date is for your theme, if there is already a big event going on at the same time, you're going to get squashed, and no matter how much of a plucky underdog you may be, you're going to fail.

So I'll take this lesson, and I'll learn from it. And cons January I'll be hosting the best and most bad-ass Tourny that North London has ever seen!

Boo-Ya!

See you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment