Tuesday 17 December 2013

Another catchup

Good Tuesday everyone!

Ok, so I've been a little pre-occupied as of late, my posts are almost weekly, and my hobby time has all but disappeared.

Why is this? Why is it, rather than working on CRYPTS, rather than painting models, rather than writing blog posts my free time is spent playing on the computer, and my commute time is spent playing Magic TG on my new iPad?

The answer is simple.

It's because I choose to.

**********************

Isn't that a wonderful thing? To be able to choose to shirk your responsibilities for a week or two and have absolutely no negative consequences?

Sure I don't have any updates for CRYPTS, and some people may get miffed with that, but that's ok, it's not to stop me working on it the following week.

Yes my models rant being painted, but I'm not painting for any other reason than to enjoy it. If I don't paint this week, I'm not going to get kicked out of a club, or unable to make a tournament, I'll just do some next week, or the week after.

And if I don't write a blog post for a few days, does it really matter? I mean there are people I follow who post only about once every week anyway, and content is only as interesting as you the reader is interested in that topic - therefore it is purely subjective.

***********

So we come to my choice, to watch tv, play on the computer and vegetate for a few days.

I know what you're thinking, I've probably never been happier!

The truth? I've been restless.

I'm a little unable to explain it, like I feel bored, despite enjoying what I'm doing.

I know, I know, it makes no sense.

************

I guess it comes down to your current 'norm'.

You see, before my little Moo came along, I had spare time spilling out of my ears. But when she came, so did my course as well as my buy in back to hobbies, this blog, my podcast(s) and all that junk that came with it.

I went from being an embarrassed closet Geek to a proud Geek, one who wears his Horde symbol on his breast with pride, and who will very quickly and regularly talk to people at work about his table top games, painting projects and computer games.

I like that version of me.

I like being busy!

Anyway, I don't know where this is going, but then hey! What's new for this blog eh?

Not much of a catch up I know, but still, tomorrow should prove interesting as we record our Christmas episode of New Fairbank Radio!

So on that note, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment