Thursday 24 October 2013

The morning after

Good Thursday everyone!

Well it's the morning after, and now it's time for me to reevaluate my thoughts and plans.

***********

So an update exists on the Kickstarter for Shadows of Brimstone. This update talks about years of work and planning for the game.

Now if this is to be believed, and let's be honest it almost certainly is. Then this means that the similarities really is just a truly unfortunate coincidence.

************

What it doesn't answer is the future of the game, and if the world really does need both Shadows of Brimstone and CRYPTS.

Honestly I do not know. But there are a couple of differences between these two games. The first is the setting. By now I am sure we have all read about New Fairbank, about Frank Hodges and the Last Light Tavern.

This setting, while perhaps not all that original, is one of the selling points of CRYPTS.

Then there is the designers; me and my friends who have helped this game get where it currently it is.

Between all of us we can make the game exactly how we desire, creating the game we want to play.

************

So yes, I believe there is still a place for CRYPTS, and on that note, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment