Monday 11 May 2015

The Razer's Edge

Greetings friends!

At the tail end of last week I received a great email from the company Razer, maker of such fine products as my beloved Diamondback mouse.

This email gave me a code that I could redeem with Razer to be provided with a small number of select goods of theirs related to health and fitness as well as gaming and social media.

What are these wonderful devices? I hear you cry from behind your phones, tablets and computers.

Well sadly I am not at liberty to say at the moment but will be revealing all in the near future in an episode of LoxBotLive where I will be giving away a small number of these to you my beloved viewers! But of course you need to watch the show to know what and when this competition is.

So what is the point of this post?
I'm glad you asked that question! Really I am.

This post is largely for two reasons:

1). It's allowing a small degree of my excitement for this to leave my body, as I am super excited for this and as you all know I suck at keeping secrets!

2). It's to act as an unveiling. Once my shipment has been received (which should be either at the end of this week or next) I'll be starting a new mini stream.

I'm committing to this now as if I put it out there on the internet then it is a lot harder to go back against my word, and pull out later.

This pledge is to start a new show to be featured on both my Twitch and YouTube channels, called something like LoxBot on the Razer's Edge or something more catchy.

Not only will I be putting this new hardware through it's paces, but will also be providing face-to-face (per se) updates on how I am finding my health and new lifestyle.

********

This has been coming for a while now, and after the health issues I've suffered from post-Christmas it's long over due.

The Razer's Edge should only be roughly 10 minutes every week (so expect them more on YouTube, but I'll be using Twitch as a way of getting them online) but during these short shows I'll be sharing information such as current weight, any weight loss since the last show, random bits of information such as stats recorded from my new bit of hardware as well as any tricks or tips that I may have learned from the last show.

Expect nothing major here. I'm far from a fitness/exorcise nut, but I figure if I'm going to do something then I should give it my all in terms of commitment.

What can I do to help? I hear you scream with unexpected enthusiasm.

Well you can start by keeping an eye out for The Razer's Edge and follow my LoxBotLive Twitter account @loxbotlive for updates and info.

Then once things are up and running and you have taken part in my competition you can also contribute in your own way.

Trying to loose some weight and have some tricks or tips? Send them in to me either via Twitter or email doctorloxley@hotmail.co.uk and I'll be sure to read it out on the air and depending on the suggestion even try it out myself (videos of me trying it out are almost certainly NOT going to happen). Maybe you've done really well in your own fitness regime or weight loss program and want to share this with the world? Let me know and I'll happily share this out as well.

*********

In the modern world, technology is supposed to help and not hinder our attempts to better ourselves, our lives and the lives of those around us.

Call me sentimental or maybe cynical, but here's an opportunity for me to try just that and see if modern technology can help drag a modern troglodyte such as myself into a healthier lifestyle.

Until next time; stay safe and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment