Tuesday 25 August 2015

No news is most certainly good news!

Greetings friends!

So I've been very quiet recently, and you may all be wondering what I've been up to?

Well to answer that I would have to say:

Not much!

The past week or so has been a very pleasant break from all things hobby related.

I've done no rules work, no fluff, no modelling, no painting & nothing else of the sort!

Instead I have been spending time with my delightful daughter during one of the weeks she's been home from her nursery's summer break and also playing some great games on my computer.

I'm not going to go into much detail here about my home life, that's for a Geek Dad post; one I've been meaning to write for quite some time, but I can talk about some other things!

So no doubt you want to know where we are with First Law: Override?

By now I hope you have all heard the interview that me and Tom did with Gamers Lounge, if not then I suggest you go listen right away! It's about 2 hours long and we go into a lot of detail about the game, it's fluff, our design style and everything else in between.

Thanks to this interview we have seen a large amount of traffic for our website www.firstlawoverride.com and we hope in time that will result in some good amount of feedback and questions/queries.

I have also started planning a third and (currently) final force for the game. In my case it is one of my favourite in terms of theme; but then I'm pretty sure I say that about all the Forces, and in this case we are talking about the Trydan.

To date I've been looking at some multi use models and in this case it's more Infinity Nomads namely one of the starter sets:


Over the previous weekend I was able to nab this for an absolute steal off eBay; we're talking a tiny fraction of retail due to the original owner having owned these for a while but never even assembled them so just trying to get a quick sale - one I was happy to assist with! This boxed set gives me a Trydan Boss and 3 Members with Assault Rifles (plus 2 other models that while not useful in this case, are great for others).

In time I'll be looking to add to this with the following which make for wonderful Hitmen and Hacker:








However all of this comes at a price: I'm not even touching them at the moment until I have painted my Red Claw and Raiders.

What this allows me is full access to the Reavers and lots of potential with Hired Mercs. Imagine a Trydan force running Bal'Tek alongside a Hitman or two? Or a Red Claw force who's mission requires some super awesome Hacker who just isn't generally available to them? Well just hire Jinn!

Yes these Mercs are available regardless of which Reaver Force you run (Animosity allowing) but having a choice of Forces to run them with is pretty damn sweet!

************

Other than First Law: Override I have also been playing a shit-tonne of the game Heroes of the Storm.

Now until now I've never played a MOBA before. I've always been very put off by the toxic community that these go hand in hand with, however I'm a big advocate for Blizzard, and in wanting to unlock content for their other games figured i'd give it a go.

You know what? It's super fun!

We (me, the wife & mutual friend) have yet to team play against real people, instead going against the AI, but we've had an absolute blast doing it!

I've also had my computer upgraded in almost every way possible, this allows me to play a series of new/older games in ways I've never been able to before, including playing Dragon Age: Inquisition finally. Long time readers will remember that while featuring in my Notable Mentions of 2014, I was very unhappy with how buggy and unplayable it was. Once I finish it this time you can expect a second opinion post about how it is when it actually runs.

Other than that, things have been very quiet on my end. I have still yet to edit the last episode of Hobby Sofa, but right now I am lacking any actual desire to do so. I'm going to try and get that done in the next week or two, but you know what they say about when a hobby begins to feel like a chore. So I'm going to have to make some serious decisions about if I want to carry on with that project.
- I know I'll be letting the co-hosts down, but right now my priorities are else where, and the fact that this has sat unedited for over a month says a lot.

Anyway, I'll let you all get on with your day; so until next time, stay safe and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment