Monday 5 October 2015

Hobby Pledge

Greetings friends!

Today I want to share with you a little bit of fun that I'm doing right now...

...it's my own little hobby pledge. I'm putting it out there so that if I fail then you can all wrap my knuckles for being a total failure.

Pledge 1: Terrain in a week!
Yup to start off I have one week that's 05/10/15 to 11/10/15 to paint up my remaining DeadZone terrain.
This might sound difficult, but all it involves at present is spraying metallic (already done), washing with rust effect (half done) and dry brushing with grey.
So all I have to actually do is wash half the terrain and then dry brush the lot.

Pledge 2: Paint my Red Claw Kratel!
For this I have allowed 2 weeks, so 12/10/15 to 25/10/15. This includes painting roughly 15 models, so it shouldn't be too hard as they are using uniform colour schemes and similar.

Currently they are all based, undercoated and washed so it's base coats, washing, highlighting and BOOM! Done!

STRETCH GOAL!!
If I am able to do all of this, then I am then going to try my hand at painting up my Raiders. This has a rough deadline of 26/10/15 to 08/11/15. I say rough deadline because I want to allow this time as extra touch up time for my Red Claw - don't want to see them get rushed.

EVEN MORE STRETCH GOAL OF INSANITY!!
If for any reason I am somehow able to get through all of these, then I am looking to paint up what I currently own for a Trydan force. But the chances of this happening are next to none!

**********

So this week is terrain week. I'll be looking to post an update next week showing off what l have done for terrain this week. I hope it will be complete so I can show off my 'completed' table - note: because of the terrain placement rules for First Law: Override, I am trying to have more terrain than needed, so example shots will be more cluttered than a normal game.

As an idea, this is pretty much where I am now:






Of course as I am sure you have seen there is no rust effect applied in these shots.
- Notice the DeadZone 2x2 mat which I think looks awesome! As well as the MAS Holo Ads, all the while bulked out with the Infinity Operation Icestorm fold-out terrain.

Hope you like, and I look forward to share an update with you in due time!

Until next time, stay safe and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment