Tuesday 16 February 2016

State of Play: An Update

Greetings friends!

So it's been a short while since my last update and so I thought I would take this opportunity to let you all know how things are for the upcoming gaming convention: DaffCon in April.

Now it's important to remember that we are looking at only at about 8 weeks to go until the convention - so not long at all!

So first up is that this week will be the sending of the Pre-Release Core Book to our printers.

Yup, it's pretty much ready to go!

I was hoping we would have some additions such as a glossary of terms and maybe even an index however as it stood we already had pushed our volunteers pretty much to their breaking point and despite trying my hardest, I just could not squeeze any more out of them.
- I'll need to recruit a slave driver of the Imperial Regime for next time.

But regardless, we're pretty much there for the Pre-Release edition which we'll be bringing with us for this and any further demos.

Once that has been sent off I'll then be working flat out getting the demo forces painted up.

For those curious we're looking at a Wraith force with Leader, Assassin and Hacker. Against them will be a Raider force of Leader, Ghost + Linkbot and a Big Bro. Not many models, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. I also need to finish my Red Claw force, but they are an 'alt' force.

Terrain-wise, we're kinda good to go. I thankfully have my Deadzone terrain complete as well as my Holo-Ads from Infinity and the Operation Icestorm card stock terrain. Together they should make up the required minimum so even if we are looking at only using mine, we can host the 2-intended tables.

Then we have the clothing side to sort out! Obviously if we are going to pretend to be remotely professional** we have to look the part! So yeah time to get the polo shirts ordered!
- Polo Shorts or T Shirts? That is the question!

**So for the past year+ I've argued that I am not a games designer and that we are not a professional company. We are still not a professional company, but I have been told by a friend that based on what we've done here is nothing shy of miraculous. When you factor in the possibility of bringing a product to market combined with a 3+ book plan, I need to stop being modest, and at least pretend to act the part.

So yeah. Send book, paint models, order shirts... Then cry!

And while I am curled in a small ball waiting for DaffCon to come and go - I'll say that I hope you stay safe and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment