Saturday 18 June 2016

A Long Night Online

Greetings friends!

How weird is this, a blog post from me on a weekend?!? Crazy, I know.

Anyway, last night I was supposed to do some work on the Override rulebook. This however didn't quite go as planned.

Read: I didn't do it.

Instead, I spent a good 4 or so hours playing the MMO Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn (ARR).

This is a game that I have loved playing for the best part of 2 or so years, ever since the reduxed version ARR was released, replacing the truly awful original 1.0 version.

The thing is, despite loving playing it, it's a game I've never played past the first trial boss, Ifrit. For those who knows the game, this is only around level 20 out of the base 50 levels (or 60 with Expansion Heavensward - which I've owned since they released it).

Probably seems strange, if I live the game, why stop? Is it because of the forced dungeon encounters that require you to team with random people in order to progress the story? Surprisingly, no it isn't. But it is for my wife, who I love role playing with in this game.

Well the last time we played was roughly a year ago, and I thought this week: "fuck it!" and decided to just push ahead and level.

My goal is to reach the new expansion content and unlock the Machinist class, which I'll be honest, along with the new race, was the only reason why I bought the expansion when it came out.

Currently I am level 26, and the mission content I am on is level 22, so I'm a little ahead, which is fine as it just means it's easier that way. I expect I will hit level 50 long before I actually reach the new expansion story, but that's ok, because I'm loving playing the game. The freedom of running through the forests and deserts on my black steed, of stopping off in taverns and inns while it rains, to grab supplies and pick up new missions, before setting out under a bright moon to slay yet more beasts and monsters.

But I suppose that's just me, I love the set up of MMOs, and FF14 captures that perfectly for me.

Until next time, stay safe, and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment