Thursday 6 June 2013

It's not official... yet

Good evening everyone!

Today I bring you some bad news. While this is in no ways official yet, my mind is pretty much 99% made up, and I will be stepping down as a Henchman for Wyrd.

For those who have been reading you'll remember I made a very similar post about 3 months ago, essentially saying that this was on the cards, and now unfortunately it appears to have jumped off the cards and landed on the table.

My current plans are to run one last 'farewell' day at my local store and after then I will be sending off my resignation and cashing in my stones.

I'd like everyone to know that I did not come to this decision lightly, and in no way is it a M2E Rage-Quit, but like a number of others like me, I feel that I can no longer contribute in a good manner.

********

You see, I did really enjoy being a Henchman... Well that isn't entirely true. I really enjoyed introducing new players to Malifaux and sharing with them my love and enthusiasm for the game, and even now, a year after starting, I still love doing that.

But this leads me onto one of the reasons why I have little choice but to leave, and sadly it is M2E.

I'm not going to start throwing the Doom word around, or start attacking people or policies, instead I'm going to be as calm and thought out as possible - which is quite a feat for me.

You see, I LOVE normal/v1.5/vanilla/classic Malifaux. This was the game that took me out of an 11 year hiatus and got me back into war games. I love this game so much that once a month for roughly a year I gave up a day and went to my local store to promote the game.

Now I play M2E and I don't love it.

I'm not going to call it pants or rubbish or anything like that, as there is a lot about the game that does make sense. But it's not a game I love.

I've played games in the closed beta, most of them pretty unremarkable, but I did enjoy the game.

Yup, I did actually enjoy playing the game.

But that's not the same is it? I wasn't finishing the game going "OMG I must tell the world how awesome this is!" No, instead I finish the game and go "Fancy a game of v1?"

***********

Times are changing in Wyrd's world, I think everyone can agree with that, and we have to change with it. For me I hope to be an active member in any ClassicFaux community that may crop up, and I do hope to visit both my LGS and LGC as often as possible for ClasicFaux games.

I am fully intending on picking up 'some' v2 content, as like I said it is still a fun game, just not one that I am so enthusiastic and enthral led by that I want to give up my spare time to promote.

**********

I hope that this goes a long way to explaining my current situation, and that regardless of all of this you will (if you can) visit my farewell demo day when it is confirmed for the end of the month.

Until then, stay safe and I'll see you Breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment