Sunday 20 April 2014

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make SUPER lemons!

Greetings friends!

Been a few days since you've received an update from me. In that time a lot of 'real life' stuff has been going on.

First I recorded the first ever Cryptside chat! Hoping to upload that by the end of the week. I was hoping to be joined by my good friend Jon, but unfortunately I've been unable to reach him - so Jon, if you're reading this, hope you're ok.

Next I moved office for work. This turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would and now I have a lovely new desk located near Victoria in London.

After this I was hoping to do the edit of the Cryptside chat, but then things took a turn for the worse as my computer's C drive began to fail and so began the slow and long process of installing Windows on another drive (which is now my new C drive) and copying all my personal files from my old drive to the new one before it failed completely. Now I can't find out how to remove it from bios, or how to unplug it without my computer telling me there are errors and no suitable boots etc - I have a feeling it has something about resetting the pins from master to slave, but honestly I don't know anything about that.

Well that was on Good Friday and I spent most of the evening updating my drivers etc but there is still a lot to do including installing my sound editing software and MS Office for word editing. Until this is done I can't edit my recording for New Fairbank Radio (sound editing) or do the edits needed for my CRYPTS rules (word and photoshop).

Yesterday was good, we went shopping and had fun playing in the garden. Unfortunately though I developed a bit of a bad tummy and so spent the evening feeling sorry for myself watching Pan's Labyrinth (which I felt was less about a Labyrinth and more about the Spanish Civil War. Really didn't live up to its hype).

Then I woke up his morning at 4am with tooth ache... Yeah as if the stress of an office move, a dying computer and an upset tummy wasn't enough, I then developed tooth ache.

Queue an emergency trip to Stevenage where they drilled open a tooth, scraped out an infection and put in some anti-biotic stuff which should kill the infection along with the tooth's root requiring me to get a root canal in about a week's time.

And so now I'm sat in a bath, half my face still feeling swollen from the sheer volume of anaesthetic they had to inject into my jaw to stop me screaming like a little girl.

But things are not all bad! I got to have an Easter Egg hunt with my little one which she really enjoyed


And to top it all off tomorrow the wife and I are going to London for 3 days for our 7th year anniversary! It's the highlight of our year, the hotel is booked, the Monday plans are in place as is Gilgamesh booked for Tuesday! Super glad about this!

I've stocked up on painkillers (nothing serious, just paracetamol and ibuprofen) so if my jaw/tooth starts playing up I should be able to medicate, plus I'll be in London. If I can't find a dentist to sort me out there, then something is really wrong with he world.

Anyway, that's all from me for now. So take care, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment