Tuesday 10 November 2015

Looking back - How things change

So we are coming to the end of the year, we are only about a month and 2/3rds until we reach 2016, and this got me thinking about one of my new year resolutions I made at the start of this year.

That resolution was to get a minimum of 2 games of Infinity in. The plan was to play an intro game back in February and take a trip to Leisure Games or a club and play another game there.

Yeah, so that never happened.

The game I was supposed to play in February was all lined up, my friend Tom paid me a visit and we were going to give it a try.

As an idea however, what was initially a 'pity-play' we gave my rules for Override a go first.

The plan was to go for maybe 30mins with that, then put that away and set up a test play of Infinity.

Instead we played through the full game of Override and came back for more!

I know it sounds crazy, but the reason I haven't played any Infinity is because I've been too busy playing Override since.

It's a crazy idea for me. Through the use of Vassal and our own models I have played more games of Override than I have Malifaux, GorkaMorka and Necromunda combined!

Sure this probably sounds a bit obvious; of course I am playing more of this game, after all I need to play test it and build up the rules, but you must also remember that for pretty much the entirety of 2014 I didn't play a single game of anything!

Now I have games coming outta my ears and in a couple of weeks have another gaming weekend along with a demo of Guild Ball, a full game of Override and a test play for something my friend is milling around with.

It's an exciting time for my gaming table, and as of this morning I am beginning to feel like I may be over the worst of the damned sickness that has had me in it's grips for the past month or so.

- What does all this mean?

I have no idea! I just thought it was interesting to look back at how all this began, and how in totally failing that resolution I have instead had a tonne of fun regardless.

Anyway, that's all for now, so until next time; stay safe and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment