Tuesday 22 March 2016

The Penultimate Road to DaffCon

Greetings friends!

So it's been a while since my last post, and for good reason I'm afraid. Once again the truly ugly face of sickness has risen it's head from the fowl depths and stricken me with a truly horrendous cold.

You know the one you've had this past week where you've felt like death? Yup me too!

Well today is the first day that I have felt close to normal with only a cough left following over a week of being unable to function normally (even going to bed as early as 9pm on regular intervals, which I never do). As such I figured it was time to cover what I have left to do in the final steps before DaffCon in as little as 10 working days! Yup you heard right! In 2.5 weeks time the gaming event will be on us and I'll be travelling down to Wales to pitch our game to the unwashed masses.

It's freaking terrifying!

Anyway, so where am I?

Book 1? DONE!

Demo Forces? DONE!*

* Ok so I still need to base mark the Red Claw. Going to try doing that tonight.

Accessories? DONE!**

** Ok so Acrylic Accessories are done, and I am half done with one of the two Exo-Suits. These bad boys arn't needed as we have acrylic markers for them, but usual actual models does look better.

Terrain? DONE!***

*** Ok these little disclaimers are beginning to get annoying. All that is left here is to file the ceiling pegs to make the roofs easier access, and glue all the hinges in place to make them hardier. If I don't do the Red Claw bases tonight, then this is what I'll be doing.

So hold on, models, books, accessories, terrain? All done? What's left?

Well there's a few things that need to be done. First of all we're looking at Rosters. These I need to fill out and get laminated. I used to have a laminator at home, but it burned out and I've never gotten around to replacing it. Will probably be doing that today. Nothing expensive, just enough to get the job done.

Next up is quick reference sheets, things that have charts for weapon and armour lookups. What I will probably do is create one chart for each demo force showing the items they are carrying. That way it doesn't over confuse the players.

Then, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but we'll be done!

It's been a long strange trip, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening when on the next recording of Hobby Sofa, I get to talk about it.

Anyway, that's it from me. Until next time, stay safe, and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment