Thursday 1 March 2012

The Adventures of Geek Dad: Part Four

"This place is a tomb" possibly one of the most iconic lines from the film Event Horizon, (after "Liberate tutame ex inferis" of course) which coincidently is also possibly one of the best films by Paul Anderson.



This was the background setting for last night's film which played while I looked after my young one.

The night's plans were pretty straight forward, put film on, change her, feed her, put her down for a nap while I finish off my paper masche from last weekend.

Sadly things were not quite that straight forward:

Film on? Check!
Baby Changed? Check!
Baby Fed? Not quite...

You see just prior to my wife going for her bath and Mini Moo's night of geekdom began, we had dinner, fish fingers, potato rosties, potatoe waffles, a fried egg and tinned spaghetti. Not the most imaginative of meals, but my god does it taste amazing.

Just before dinner I gave the MiniMoo a feed to try and satiate her while I ate too, however after only 2 fluid ounces (she's currently on 5-6) I put her down early as my dinner was ready, this was with the full intent to carry on her feed once I had eaten myself.

Yeah... That didn't go as smooth as I would have liked, when it came to resume her feed she was having none of it, she was complaining about being hungry, but whenever I tried to feed her she would pull away.

Now let me tell you, as someone who regularly feels detached from other people and struggles to fully understand what many people feel this is quite distressing. You don't want her to be upset, you know the noises she is making relates to her being hungry, but she won't let you feed her.

So after what felt like a 30 min long battle of wills, and me reheating her bottle 2-3 times to keep it a pleasant temperature for her, finally Geek Dad won, and MiniMoo fed and was happy to be put on her squiggle mat and given a rest.

This allowed me to bring down my paper masche and get started with attaching it to its base and finishing off the paper masche.

Currently the project is looking like this:



With hope this will be dry tonight and I can get started with gluing the kittie litter to the case and basalt to the paths.

But thankfully the rest of the evening went well, she seemed to enjoy the rest of the film, and Geek Dad managed to finish this stage of his project.

That's what I call a win/win!

- Next week's film of choice? Jarhead!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment