Monday 12 March 2012

Monday thoughts and weekend catch up

Morning all, I can't say I'm feeling all that great today, my whole body hurts and it's the start of the week:

Blargh!

Anyway, ever since I finished work on Chapel Hill my hobby experience has been a little lacking.

I know it's only been a few days, but it feels like a lot longer.

Instead I've been playing some games on my PS3 and we've been trying out something new with the Mini Moo and her sleeping, but more on that later in the week.

One thing i'd love to share with you all is the majesty of the game SSX.

For those who don't know, this is a snowboarding game which originally featured on the last gen of consoles, and they have very recently released a new one on the modern gens.

Yes, while everyone else in the world appears to be playing Mass Effect 3, I've been grinding up the powder all over the world!

Now this isn't the time or place for a review, but let me tell you, if you enjoyed the older versions, especially Tricky and SSX3 then this is a game you should get!

Next up: so apparently Wyrd are hiring! http://www.wyrd-games.net/content.php?156-jobs
The most intriguing thing I think about this is the position of RPG dev.

Now while I may not have much free time, one thing I always make time for are RPGs! Especially the P&P versions, I love those hardback sourcebooks that take a good few days of solid reading to get through.

It's this love of source books which is why my game shelf in my den is almost bending under the weight of the combined mass of Vampire: TM, Werewolf: TA, WoW, Babylon 5, Champions and Paranoia.

So with that in mind, I hope with the deepest of my hopes that Wyrd follow this through and release a source book with new fluff and beautiful artwork.

Oh and some bad news on the model front. My intention was to make my next purchase an Insidious Madness, it still is, but it was pointed out to me, due to spending too much at the start of the year, I'm unable to make a purchase until April. Rubbish I know.

And so we come to an end of my weekend. Not the most enthralling of posts I know, but hey, it's Monday, not even 9am and I'm already dressed and on my way to work


- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

1 comment:

  1. Eeek how restricted is your purchasing that you're not allowed 1 single model!

    Admittedly I say this as a man who has spent far, far too much on toy soldiers over the last few years. If my girlfriend knew she'd probably blow her top, but then it's been my money to spend as I like, but given that's all about to change I've been getting some purchasing done in advance of the spending embargo kicking in!

    ReplyDelete