Thursday 29 March 2012

The Non-Adventures of Geek Dad

Afternoon all,

So normally on a Thursday I'd cover how things are going trying to balance work, study, hobbies and raising my child.

As you know, last week I was sick with the flu, so no adventures then.

Today has been even worse: allow me to explain...

For the past year I've been battling on and off with gallstones. For those who don't know, these are mineral and bile deposits built up in the gall bladder. Sometimes these stones get lodged in the bile duct, and when this happens it is excruciating agony. If you have never had them, it's impossible to describe, I understand that even liver and kidney stone pain is supposed to pale in comparison.

This is the reason why this morning at roughly 0300 I was in an ambulance making my way to The Lister Hospital in Stevenage while being given a combination of Morphine and Gas&Air (and as an FYI, that combo is often the same thing given to women during child birth, that's how serious the pain is)



Anyway, it's now 13:45, I've been discharged and sent home and am now in the bath trying to get the smell of A&E off me.

This is the reason my friends why today there are no adventures, this is also the reason why I can't wait until 1st May, as that's when I'm having my gall bladder cut out, and personally, I can't wait to say good bye to the little bugger :D

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment