Monday 14 May 2012

Recovery Recap

Good Monday all!

So it has been a very very long time since my last post, in that time more has happened than I could possibly comment on, but I will try my best over the next few days to recap to you all where I've been.

For starters, the medical.

Roughly two weeks ago I was admitted for a pre planned operation to have my gallbladder removed.

Well as you can probably tell by me posting currently, it was a success.

That is not to say there were not complications. In order to remove the organ safely they had to extract it THROUGH my belly button, the thought of which is quite disturbing, and in order to do so they had to cut through my abdominals which until recently has heavily limited my mobility.

I've also looked a lot like a gun shot victim, having 5 dressing patches across my chest where the keyhole incisions were made.

Anyway, I won't gross you out with the gory details, but feel free to ask :)

Next up, and something I've been meaning to post for a while now is my exploration of Paper Craft.

You see while I was in the hospital I had a lot of free time on my hands and part of that time was spent reading up on Davegames.net now from my immobile recovery my wife and I tried our hands at some of these and these are the end results:





This is 'The Inventor's House' built by me





And this is 'The Mermaid Tavern' built by my wife.

Now these are all 'non-functional' when it comes to going inside them, but if you want to make a cheap townscape for something like Malifaux, then I see no better alternative for the price. They are all to scale for 28-32mm miniatures and the .pdf you pay for has multiple skins/colours available, meaning you can make different ones that look different enough. Next up it will be some of the smaller houses, and then a couple more of these bigger ones, and then bam! We're good to go with a town!

Ok I'm going to leave it there for now, take care and I'll provide another catch up either tomorrow or wednesday.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment