Tuesday 29 May 2012

Squigfest!

Good Tuesday everyone!

Yesterday I promised good news, and so today I bring it!

Roughly 2-3 years after the last one, I hereby announce Squigfest 2012 to be held on Saturday 02/06/12!

For those who don't know, Squigfest is a 1-2 day long event, filled with friendly games and some laughs.

As always, a little bit of history:

Squigfest was first conceived back in the tail end of the 1990s. Games Workshop had released GorkaMorka and me and my friends were loving it. We decided it would be imba cool to have a GorkaMorka festival between us, 1-2 days of games and fun.

Of course we were still teenagers with little to no disposable income and that idea fizzled out to nothing.

Fast forward to 2007, and it strikes me that we really should organise Squigfest for real! Of course by then GorkaMorka had fallen by the wayside and at the time been replaced by Magic: The Gathering. But the concept was still there, a couple of days of relaxation and games.

To date I've only hosted 2 events, the first was BYOG (Bring Your Own Game) but in the end we just played MTG. The second year was one day down a pub with lots of mini games of MTG and a mini drafted tourney.

Again, time has passed and things have changed, I can't just drop things and go for a few days like I could those years ago.

That said, there is still no reason why this year can't be the best Squigfest ever!

The focus this year is on Malifaux, for me it's the obvious choice considering it's my main table based hobby, so I've been busy over the last couple of days building more paper craft buildings, and I do indeed believe that I'm ready to showcase my very own 'streets of Malifaux'board. - I'll post some pictures closer to the time.

AS before it's looking to be a small affair but one that should with hope be fun, with 1-2 boards available (1 inside, and the other outside, weather permitting) and a lunch time BBQ I'm hoping it'll be fun for all!

And so on that note, wish me luck, and be sure to follow on twitter, @drloxley #Squigfest2012


- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment