Friday 25 September 2015

To take part or not? (Extra Life)

Greetings friends!

So today I've been thinking...

For years I've seen people taking part in Extra Life, an event for those who don't know where gamers get together, game and try to raise money in doing so normally in the form of an (attempted) 24hr gaming marathon.

I've always thought that this is something I would like to do, mainly for the reason that it seems like a challenge. I have done long gaming sessions before, but NEVER any that lasted 24 hours!

This year the designated day is Saturday 7th November from 8am and running (as mentioned) for 24 hours, and I'll be honest. I'm tempted, seriously tempted!

Of course there are issues I need to consider, and I need to consider them very seriously, most importantly is that of childcare. At that point my little Moo will be very nearly 4, and there would be two choices: 1). Involve her in the stream, which I am not comfortable in as I don't particularly like the idea of streaming her across the net. 2). Not involve her and require that someone (probably my amazing wife) looks after her entirely for the day, which goes against every ideology I have as what fatherhood is supposed to be like as it would not be fair on her or my wife.

Assuming that was all solved/resolved and I decided to go ahead with this, would you my dear friends be interested in this? Would you tune in to my twitch stream LoxBotLive and watch as I try to stay awake and same for 24 hours gaming?

If so what would you like to see? Is it online action games, like Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3, Unreal Tournament and Nosgoth? Maybe online CoOperative games like Colonial Marines, Resident Evil 5/6 and Portal 2? What about offline games? Would you be interested in a full run through from start to end of classic games like Beyond Good & Evil and SNATCHER or horror games like Outlast, Amnesia and Alien: Isolation? What about one of those long games, the MMOs like World of Warcraft and The Secret World or open worlders like Dragon Age? They all have more than 24hrs worth of content within them and that alone could fill the entire time without requiring alternating every few hours.

If any of the above which are multiplayer, would you like to play along too? Maybe get a bit of voice chat between us going? Have a chat to be shared between us and the entire streaming Internet!

What do you think?

It's a big investment, but one I think could be fun, however I would need to know if I have support or not, so please answers on a postcard to the usual address (or Twitter @doctorloxley, @loxbotlive or comments below)

On that note; stay safe and be excellent to each other!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment