Thursday, 6 September 2012

The Adventures of Geek Dad: When Lives Collide

Good Thursday!

So it has been a while now since my last update, and I suppose you all deserve an explanation for that.

So where we last left off, I had been visiting friends and had my focus group regarding the Strategies for my tournament.

Since then, last week was INSANELY busy.

As many of you know, I work for a law enforcement force in the UK. But what many of you won't know is how the rostering was organised during the Olympics (and is still going on at the moment with the Paralympics).

Of course the details of this is highly confidential so I am not allowed to divulge it here.

What I can say, is that we were busy. Working flat out plus extra time - busy.

This meant last week was either spent working extra hours, or zonked out asleep on my sofa.

It's been pretty rubbish for everyone involved, including my wife, and I would like her to know just how sorry I am for being an anti-social git these past two weeks and how grateful I am for all of her support.

But the week came to an end, and with it came another busy weekend:

Saturday was a Pre booked demo day at Leisure Games where I was able to test out my first Strategy: It's All Fun & Games...

It went quite well I would say, there was more combat than I would have liked, but that is often the way with strategies.

Then then with the following day, our little Moo was visited by her Auntie and Uncle-Out-Law. Which don't get me wrong, it was fun and enjoyable for all, but what I was really looking forward to was a day of rest.

Roll on Monday.

Now because of the craziness of work I was able to book off Monday & Tuesday as leave, something I desperately needed.

Unfortunately in Monday my wife who normally has Mondays off part time was required to work, so I spent the day running around after my daughter, taking her to and from town in order to try and organise our mortgage renewal at a lower rate.

Well in the morning me and Moo went to the Parent Centre to get her weighed (it's open every Tuesday, so if I ever have a Tuesday booked off from work I take her along), came out as 21.5lbs which is pretty bang on target.

Then I dropped her off at day care for the day (we're paying for it after all) and then proceeded to go home, do some cleaning and house work, before tuning in to the Malifools Broadcast Network and relaxing for what felt like two hours in the bath.

So as you can see, I've been trying to keep everything together, but there will always be something that falls by the wayside, and for these couple of weeks it's been my blog.

But no worries, in a few weeks time once the Paralympics are over and the inevitable torrent of paperwork that follows them is over, then I'll be writing more regularly.

In the meantime, tune in tomorrow for an editorial discussion on the effects of technological evolution and the correlation with socio-economical breakdown! Yes that clearly interesting topic is on the cards for tomorrow.

See you all Breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment