Monday 16 June 2014

Random Update & Junk

Greetings friends!

So today seems as good as any to give you an update on how things are going in general.

I'll try to keep things as straightforward as possible:

Studies & Exams
So it's been a while now since I sat my latest exam and due to many reasons I have yet to resume my studies. This HAS to stop as I need to get this last exam passed and out of the way.

So my plans are quite simple; to go through the textbook again and once that is done (about 2 weeks) then to book the exam and do focused revision between then and the exam itself.

Fingers crossed!

Video Games
So I've been playing a lot of video games recently:

WildStar
As you should have seen from my posts which concluded last week; I've been playing a lot of WildStar recently. I've reached level 15 and have unlocked my house and currently saving up for a mount.

So at level 14 you get your housing plot, and if like me you preordered the game you will have gotten a rocket ship house.

At first glance the rocket ship house is pretty small, a meat locker with little room for anything. Then I saw some people's homes on the message boards and saw that the single room building is actually quite spacious, especially if you build up towards the roof.

So now I have two stories and some nearly built rooms. The plan is to have a master bedroom, a spare bedroom and a storeroom on the second floor, with the ground floor being 2/3rds stag-pad and 1/3rd reception area.

Plus my wife has given it a go for the past couple of days and so far is enjoying it which is always a plus! What is interesting is seeing just what she enjoys as it's quite different from me.

The Secret World
Ok, the other week Funcom released the latest update for The Secret World allowing us access to Tokyo.

There's little I can say other than out of the 3 main story missions provided (with more missions due in time) 1 of them is a little run of the mill "kill X of Y", another is creepy and unnerving, and the last one is evil through and through!

If you are looking to play this game please remember that TSW is very much "you get out what you put in". My gaming party take the game slowly, role playing every part of the game including the investigation missions, and as such the experience is super rewarding.

Goat Simulator
Yesterday as a Father's Day present I was gifted a copy of Goat Simulator of Steam.

I won't go into much detail about this game other than saying that I scaled a tower and became King Goat, before gathering 5 dead bodies in a Pentagram to become Devil Goat, before turning my tongue into a grapple hook, scaling a sky scraper and killing a clubber to get a luminous mouse head and becoming DeadGoat, before finishing off by finding a circle of blood, fight clubbing another goat and becoming Muscle Goat!

If this sounds like something that would interest you, go try it out!

Hobby Sofa
On Thursday me, Andrey & And Wiseman recorded our latest episode of Hobby Sofa. You should expect to see this out on hobbysofa.coda.net around the end of the week.

And that's it from me!

So until next time; stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment