Sunday 28 September 2014

A Streaming Good Time

Greetings friends!

So Friday came and went and I can now provide feedback from how my stream went.

There were 'minor' complications, which I will go into in a moment, but over all it was super fun and I am looking forward to making it a regular thing.

So; for those of you who missed the memo I have turned my hand to live videogame streaming and what a better game to start off with than Outlast: Whistleblower!

So first things first, I created my streaming channel which you can find here: http://twitch.tv/loxbotlive.

I have also created a YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/loxbotlive so that I can host my videos after they have been streamed.

All of this tied together with some nice banner art of course


So you can already get a look over this and see what fun we got up to by heading to the links. If you like what you see then feel free to follow and subscribe and you'll then be the first to know when I am streaming/recording again.


The experience was both strange and fun. I mean the game scared the crap out of me, as I expected it would, but it was so much more unusual knowing that shortly after I experienced it, people all over the world would also experience it and my reactions too. Of course these people may have only been three, but hey; you gotta start somewhere.

Since then I have been doing a bit more research into it and testing more streaming clients and I have some good news! Firstly I think I have resolved the issue with the camera placement! That's super good news for me.

Secondly, on Friday when it's payday I am going to be ordering from Amazon a new webcam, nothing major just a cheap Logitech one for about £10-£15, however my current one is literally 15 years old, and it wasn't exactly expensive back then either. So it is drastically bringing the quality of cast down and if the image is made any larger than the teeny tiny stamp I have now it just looks atrocious. I've been meaning to grab a new camera, so this will make a good opportunity.

So moving forward I am hoping to make this a regular thing, probably weekly with possible one off additionals every now and then.

All of this should be of course kicking off in style the week after next as 07/10/14 sees the launch of the new game in the Aliens franchise:

Alien: Isolation


Which if the most recent Traileris anything to go by, looks like it will be a storm! Plus I should also have my new webcam by then!

I've already got my copy on preorder and with hope will be getting it on day of release, so expect lots of streaming then, including lots of crying and whimpering from me.

Anyway, that pretty much brings this to a close. Please check out my vids and let me know what you think.

I am also open to suggestions on games you may be interested in watching, so please let me know either in the comments or via Twitter @doctorloxley and I'll see what I can do.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment