Friday 26 September 2014

LoxBotLive is on Twitch.tv

Greetings friends!

So last night I gave live streaming a go via Twitch and came back with mixed results.

I've tried most of the recommended streaming clients and most surprisingly found the best for me to actually be the Raptr powered client that I'm already running anyway as part of my Gaming Evolved App.

I still have the Evolve client to try which I will be giving a look at tonight, but I hope that tonight I'll be able to do as promised in yesterday's post.


Yup you guessed it! I'll be taking to the streams to do a play along of Outlast: Whistleblower.

So last night I tried streaming as a test and used two games to test it. The first was just my most currently played game: Star Trek Online, the other was Outlast. After all I couldn't do a stream of the game if it didn't work.

My experiences were so strange. Firstly because of the webcam.
- Now I need to try some other clients, as even though I love the fact that Twitch is already in my Gaming Evolved app, it's webcam support is terrible. In STO it kept disappearing for some reason and in Outlast it was displaying fine, however it wasn't in the far corner like I wanted it and I couldn't move it.
- I have a feeling this is due to the software auto detecting the screen corners and I think it's an issue with the game's rendering more than anything else.

I'll be giving another easy set up Client or two a try tonight but if the worst comes to it I know that the Raptr powered app does work.

So at 21:00 BST (GMT+1) I'll be hitting my stream www.twitch.tv/LoxBotLive/ and I hope you'll all join me as I get very very scared.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment