So last night I resumed something I've been meaning to get around to for months, and that's resuming my studies, as a reward for this I decided to treat myself to something else I've been meaning to do for months as well: paint!
When I last left off I was painting my winter Hell Dorado purchases and it was these I picked up and attempted to resume.
So far the 'closest' I have to the finished article is my Greater Damned of Wrath:
(The top picture is without a flash, the bottom is with as while the flash reveals the different tones between the skin and flesh etc, it washes out a lot of the colour as seen in the non flash picture).
However; and I'm not sure it comes across in the paint job, I still have a long way to go.
In fact I look at this picture and he doesn't look that different to how I left him about 5 months ago:
I still need to work on the rotting bodies he has attached to him (they are still very green rather than 'sickly'), his protruding bones are getting there as is his stitch work. I think that his exposed muscle is nearly done and should be complete post production with an experimentation of the use of Tamera Clear Red (or whatever that stuff is called). His weird gore stick still needs a lot of work and until this morning I completely forgot about the rotting head hanging from his belt.
I do think that I have managed to take his 'inverted' skin around his hands and waist and create a nice colour that looks both fleshy and bloody at the same time.
I'm a little annoyed that the head/shoulders mould line has come out really badly as I literally spent about an hour getting rid of that, never the less, I might be able to correct that towards the end.
However after saying all this, I'm missing the point that I was really loving painting this model amount others. It was such a pleasure to do so and I am really looking forward to doing more later this week.
Anyway, that's all from me today, so to those reading this; stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!
- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley