Monday 14 July 2014

Who's ever heard of a Cowboy-Ninja?

Greetings friends and happy beginning of the week to you all!

So on Friday I had a bit of an eye opening experience. It all started in the early morning when I was listening to the latest episode from The Gamer's Lounge where Bill and honey tongued John talk about the recently shipped KickStarter; Relic Knights.

Now Relic Knights is a game I've been interested in for a while, it was just a question of seeing how the actual game turned out.

I mean the models are from what I can see, great:



A mixture of what is unashamed cheesecake crossed with manga themed OTT fun



And if I was to be honest I would say that I've had my eyes on these girls for a while, I've just done so knowing that the game and range is part of a KickStarter that's been (to date) nearly 2 years building with continuous extensions to it's lead times.

Now the game is here and it's something I am very interest in, especially when you factor in the similar visual theme (and I understand similar humour) to the game Tentacle Bento.


- At some point I hope to record an episode for Hobby Sofa with Mrs Loxley where we cover this game, it is SO much fun.

And then the wheels fell off the bus! My world was turned upside down and my eyes melted while my brain exploded!

I learned that Sodapop Miniatures had recently turned away from CMON as distributors and instead formed a team to use the company Ninja Division as distributors.

The thing is; that's not where the team ended. Oh no!

So it turns out that our friends at Cipher Studios are also acting as developers through which Ninja Division will distribute!

So what does this mean?

Well Ninja Division have their own form of street team called the Ninja Corps and with the mixing of these companies the Ninja Corps cover all of these.

Now the thing is, at present there have been few games that I've actually bought into and would recommend to people, the two main ones bring Hell Dorado (see my very long review HERE) and Tentacle Bento. The latter being a game that I've been shouting to anyone who is willing to listen that they should give it a try and play.

To top all of this off, the Ninja Corps also has allocations for what they call 'Web Ninjas'; those who promote product via blogs, podcasts and vid-streams.

Yup, so jumping on this I have emailed their teams telling them what I do and asking if this is something they would be interested in, if the reply seems favourable I will then go ahead and submit an application form and not before too long, you may see yourself being talked to by your very own Ninja!

You're probably wondering what this means to you guys?

Well I have an answer to that too!

It means not only more hobby related content to feature on these pages as well as more regular episodes of Hobby Sofa, but it also means that there should be competitions and prizes!

So wish me luck friends! And with hope in due course things will move forward in a positive direction!

Until next time; stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment