Tuesday 29 July 2014

General Hobby Updates - More Painting

Greetings friends!

So putting a temporary hold on my updates on First Law: Override - which by the way is starting to progress exceedingly well as a lot of lessons I learned from CRYPTS is coming into play here. Instead I'd like to talk to you about my recent Hobby updates!

So what have I been up to? Well finishing my Hell Dorado project that I started back in the begining of the year! Yup it's only taken roughly 7 months (all be it about 6 of those months was spent sat on a shelf gathering dust).

So what do I have to show for it? Well last week I showed you all my Greater Damned of Wrath


Well now it's time to shoe off the other models I've finished:







First up is Zaxaan! I had great fun giving his blade it's gorey look, I actually think his blade is my favourite application of Clear Red. I still intend to add some more gore by making strings of it which will be attached to the blade and pooling at the extreme edge of the base.








Next up are the Infernal Horde. I literally finished these critters last night, and painting them up was a great pleasure! The level of defined detail in something so small was wonderful!




Of course I also wanted to goreify my normal Damned of Wrath, he was clearly someone who needed it, and like with Zaxaan I'll later be adding blood strings just to finish this guy off.

But last night was not only Hell Dorado; no I also spent some time working on some models that I've sat on my painting tray for nearly a year.

Yup I'm talking about last year's GenCon purchase I made where I handed in my Henchman notice and cut my ties with Wyrd.

Please note these are still very much works in progress:


First up is one of my Depleted. I am very happy with how the skin came out and i am looking forward to see how he ends up.


Next up is Mr Graves, a model that I have always had major issues with namely due to how undefined the detail on him is. If you want to give this guy any resemblance to a face then you really need to apply it to him as it just is not there on the sculpt, that blob of a mess is the best I could come up with.


Last but not least is the Primordial Magic, or Vomit Worm as he is commonly known.
- I have elected not to include his vomit.
Anyway, this guy looks like to me the perfect candidate for mixing my standard painting techniques with my new love for Clear Red and once he has been painted and varnished I am very much looking forward to blooding up his exposed tissue!

There are more models in my painting queue including the other two Depleted, three Necro Punks, a Copycat Killer, Tuco, Mr Tannen and I'm sure there's more that I've left off.

I am painting them all in a batch, so with hope I'll have them done soon for you all!

On that note; take care and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment