Sunday 8 April 2012

The Adventures of Geek Dad: Part Seven

Happy Easter Sunday all!

Wow what an interesting number of days it's been for me.

It all started on Thursday, where after work I came home and found to my enjoyment a beta key for the new World of Warcraft expansion: Mists of Pandaria.

Trust me in time I'll do an initial feedback for this, but right now I have a few more pressing matters to talk about, namely The Secret World



Now for those of you who don't know this is an upcoming MMO set in a modern day Earth. The theme of this game is focused around the supernatural and conspiracy theories.

Anyway, Pre orders are now live for this, and if you order it from Amazon(like I did, this applies for other retailers too but I didn't use them and therefore can't properly vouch for them) then you get access to the beta weekends which start on May 11th, some fun stuff like ingame tshirt and ring and a wolf companion to help you bring the smacks own to some nasty zombies! And of course, there's no deposit, so if you try the beta weekends and don't enjoy it, you can cancel your order and not have spent a penny!

So with this I started thinking of a character (part of the preorder is the ability to reserve a name of your choice), and I came up with the following - with the help of my inspirational wife.

Steven Corn, before the apocalypse Steven was a simple tech geek, his spare time was spent playing FPS and Playstation, and during the day he worked for the NYPD as a tech support operative, but on occasion he would dust off his weights and pull a few reps, he never knew why, but in the back of his mind he knew he had to stay in top physical shape, that something was going to happen, and he would have to be ready for it.

Then the shit hit the fan, his friends started disappearing and he began to hear rumours of animal attacks and gruesome murders, he knew in the back of his mind that there was more to it than that, so with his pilfered security codes he snuck into the NYPD's contraband store and 'borrowed' a few things, a 10mm, a 12 gage and a rather interesting looking sword, the type of thing he'd seen in an eastern martial arts movie. He would take on his persona from the online world, for now the world needed him, they needed Mr S. Corn! No, they needed Skorn!

Ok ok maybe I got a little carried away, but you see this weekend I've been doing something I haven't done in a LONG time.

On Thursday my wife and I logged into WoW for the first time together since December, and as a celebratory treat we loaded up Blackwing Lair again and brought down Neffy in classic lvl 60 mode:



Then on Friday we did some PvP and I bought myself a level 80 WotLK dagger to use as a transmogrified skin for my current ugly dagger, and then yesterday we loaded up Aion which of course is now free to play and had a jigg around that (I forget how beautiful that game is).

Then to finish off yesterday I loaded up Deus Ex (first time since December) and played some more of that, it's just as engrossing as I remember!

Now tonight my regular Malifaux partner is coming over and for the first time since its completion, I'll be putting Chapel Hill to use!

All of this thanks to the Mini Moo's enforced 1900-1930 bed time!

I am hoping tomorrow to either play some co-op ResE5 or Hunted, should be fun!

And on that note, I leave you all, take care and keep on gaming!


- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment