Wednesday 4 September 2013

Day 2 of the diet begins

Good Wednesday everyone!

So yesterday was day 1 of my diet, and after doing some research I've found out the diet is called a VLCD or Very Low Calorie Diet, where each meal is only about 200 kcals each and according to the schedule I'm supposed to have only 3 of these meals a day.

Luckily everything comes prepackaged and ready to go, so you don't need to make these meals from scratch.

What's interesting was just how insanely hungry I was all day, while my wife on the other hand didn't get a single bit of hunger.

Based on this I did a bit of research and found out that because of the extra 500 kcals required for men, this means that for roughly the first week of the week we need to eat a 4th meal packet each day. That is until we enter the state: Ketosis where the body begins to cannibalise it's fat stores, then apparently hunger ceases and men no longer require the 4th pack.

Because of this last night I had 2 packs for dinner to make up for me being super-insane hungry.

I wouldn't recommend doing that to anyone.

You know how Pot-Noodles if they are left turn into a solid mass of cement? The same happens to this stuff.

The thing is, normally a packet only has so much content so you can easily eat it before it cements. However eating two at once means that around the time you get 3/4 through the large bowl it solidifies and you're left with a horrible horrible mess to eat.

Under normal circumstances I'd say "Fuck This!" And quit, but I promised my wife that I would do it to help support her as she wanted to do it.

So despite all of this, I'm duking it out and making it through the 6 week program.

**************

Maybe it's unrelated, but I was super amazed to find myself extremely tired, as in come 20:00 I closed my eyes and essentially didn't open them again until 07:00 this morning.

**************

Well now I'm off to work, have an MS Office training course to attend, but even though the course is in Central London, I still need to pop into the office as I forgot to take my directions/address with me when I left work yesterday.

...Smooth...

So that's it for now. Stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment