Tuesday 3 September 2013

It's a day of firsts!

Good Tuesday everyone!

So I am back in the real world, after spending the weekend at my Father's in deepest darkest Wales where believe it or not there was no signal for almost the entire time!

It was hell!

But the fun starts today (and by fun I mean that ironically) as not only am I back at work, but it is also the first day of a 6 week long diet.

Now I must admit, the word diet for me is very much a swear word, but it was something my wife wanted to do and at the very least I am doing it to support her, and I could do a lot to loose a few inches from my belly.

********

So what can I say about the weekend? Not much to be honest beyond that I had the great joy of picking up ALL my old models from my GW days, including 2nd Edition Marines and 'Nids along with 3rd Edition Skaven.

Now I must be honest, the collection is poor, poorly painted, and very much incomplete, but it's where I started, and it will be nice to go back and reprint them to my current standard.

I also had the joy of grabbing my Blood Bowl stuff, including the basic box, what I think is most of a Skaven team and an Undead team.

Tied with that I also got to pick up my 40k 2nd Ed copy of Space Hulk! This is a game that I've NEVER played, but owned for ages, so I'm looking forward to giving that a go after repainting the Genestealers and Terminators.

Now, last but not least, I even got to grab a few things that I am super happy to grab!

First was my collection of Action Figures from university, largely made up of the work of Todd McFarlain (sp?)

And of course lets not forget... DOOM the board game!!

I am so happy to get this back, it's something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

***********

Now that was not all I did the weekend, I also spent time with my good friend Tom and had far too many drinks with my Father.

On Sunday we came back and it was so great to do so. Visiting friends and family is great, but there really is nothing like home.

*********

And so now I'm on my way to work, and until at least October I have no more time off other than weekends.

I'll be honest, after having a week off, then the bank holiday followed by a 4 day weekend, the idea of many weeks at work full time is daunting, especially when I'm unable to supplement myself with coke and chocolates.

But moaning aside, things are looking positive!

I'm going to be resuming my exam revision this week, and we should be seeing the return of New Fairbank Radio as well!

***********

On that note, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment