Tuesday 17 September 2013

I hate my computer!

Good Tuesday everyone!

So last night me, Andrey and And from Soulstone Train all met via Skype to record episode 3 of Hobby Sofa.

Why is it my computer must always screw up?

After about 10 mins of chatting with Andrey in advance, the strangest thing happened to my sound, where it started to warp.

I tried restarting my computer, only to be met by my machine then refusing to find my onbuilt sound card!

After a few more restarts this corrected itself, and 15 mins late we were able to record.

We covered a lot of ground, touching base with pretty much everything intended, and quite a few things unintended.

There were a few problems of course, one of those problems I do have to be honest, and I feel like we didn't involve And as much as we should, and when the show is put out you'll hear this for yourself, but I am as much to blame for this as anyone, and I think that is a problem when you put someone (me) in front of a mic who clearly loves the sound of his own voice.

That is something I need to work on, and I would invite everyone when they listen to the show to give me any hints or tips possible.

You see, I really enjoyed having a guest on the Sofa and would hope to do so again in future, maybe even as a regular feature, but on the off chance they would be bored I am fearful for this.

Regardless, we did have some good chats, and as we were winding down the last topic, my sound problems hit again!

48 minutes later, they were corrected (I am wondering now if they were caused by over heating, as the inside if my machine was super hot) but unfortunately Andrey & And had to leave by then.

We're planning on meeting again on Wednesday where we'll do our close down and then I'll get editing and put the episode out with hope later this week.

***********

So yeah, on that note, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

2 comments:

  1. I was involved as much as I thought I'd be so I wouldn't worry about that. Because I control the edit on SST my mouth seems to move a little bit more freely on those recordings (you should hear some of the stuff that gets taken out, you'd never look at midgets the same way again!). It was interesting to see how you guys record, it was much more productive than an SST recording. We'll have to get you in on an SST recording at some point to see the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold up?

      Hobby Sofa records in a more productive in our recording than SST? Jebus!

      But thanks, I was concerned that you would have been either bored or that your time could have been put to better use. Saying that, once the recording is complete I still urge everyone to listen to it, and if advice would be given I'd really appreciate it. As I mentioned prior, I really welcome having guests on my sofa, and am concerned that my lime-light hogging/monologuing personality may actually bring that down.

      Delete