Thursday 2 May 2013

Little Sleep & An Updated MaliQuest Deck

Morning everyone!

It's Thursday, roughly 8am, and I'm on a train going to work.

This would be fine if it wasn't for only one thing: I only had 5 1/2 hours sleep.

Because of this it's going to be a short update from me today, but no matter.

The reason for my lack of sleep was because I was up until 0100 last night updating my MaliQuest 100 card basic deck.

Yeah, I went through with a fine tooth comb which cards needed to be updated and rewriting them.

Of course thanks to poor forward planning, this meant the cards needed to be created again from scratch as I had only saved .jpg files, not the WiP .psd files.

The end result? Greatswords, Relic Hammers, Crossbows, Shotguns and Gatling Guns now take up two weapon slots to equip.

Starter weapons have had their damage profile reduced by 1.

All stat buffs have been drastically reduced and providing +1 stat instead of +2.

+1Wk boots now also increase your Cg by +1 too.

Potions are now 'on use' so you can pick them up, store them in your inventory and use them later.

Soulstones and Booby traps are still 'on pickup' so there is actual guaranteed risk vs reward being the one who loots corpses - I'm weighing up if Soulstones should be tradable or not. I think not purely as a game mechanic.

I have now added in Shields. If your lucky enough to find a Common Shield then it rewards you with +2 Armour, if you find an Uncommon Shield, then you have this, plus the Shield Wall ability (+2 Armour for you, giving you +4, and +4 Armour for all friendly units in base to base contact with you). Shields have also been given a damage profile should you wish to hit someone with one.

I have also added a whole new type of card:


The No Loot card!

As you may remember, 50/100 cards in the deck are made up of Common cards, well now 10/50 of these Common cards are the new No Loot cards, so even if you flip the 10+ to do an extra loot flip in the room, you may not actually find anything!

Anyway, I'll be compiling these into a single .pdf file over the next day or two (along with recording and editing Episode 07 of NFR) and then with hope I'll be able to get the rules for MaliQuest updated, but that shouldn't take too long.

I was also hoping to get my new purchases painted in time for my return to Malifaux demos I have planned for the 11th May at Leisure Games, but that's looking doubtful, especially as I need to refresh myself on my Basic Costings AAT book so I can book my next exam.

Anyway, on that note, take care, stay safe, and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment