Friday 10 May 2013

New Fairbank Radio: Episode 08 - Less than average height + Painting & Rules adjustment

Good Friday everyone!

As you may (or may not) know, Episode 08 is now available from http://newfairbank.podbean.com/, iTunes subscription and inbuilt blog stream.

**********

I've also been very busy with my painting as was mentioned yesterday and now I can bring you (please excuse the poor photos)


BĂȘte Noir


Punk Zombie #1


Punk Zombie #2


Punk Zombie #3


Toshiro


Izamu


And a Desperate Merc.

Honestly I'm not so hot on the painting, especially the plastics, but one thing I do like are the bases, and I'd just like to point out that the only 'bought-ready-to-go' part of them are the tomb stones, everything else is done myself using miliput and static grass (I use the 'dead grass' type because it's easy to die it a variety of colours). In particular I am quite happy with Izamu's graveyard path, and with hope it captures the feel I was going for.

You'll notice that the Desperate Merc has both cobblestones and grass, this is in order to try and keep him in theme as he will be used alongside my Nephilum and Undead (my Neverborn are on home made cobblestones).

************

Last up we have some rules adjustment, now I noticed that currently mods are split into 4 types:
1). Melee Weapon Mods
2). Ranged Weapon Mods
3). Equipment Mods
4). Engravings

Today I would like to discuss engravings (mods which add suits to your stuff).

So I've got 2 thoughts, either:

a). When slotted into weapons, they are added to your Cb when using that weapon, your gloves add it to your Ca, Chest adds to Df and Head to Wp.
Or
b). When slotted into gloves, you have a choice of adding to your Cb or Ca, and the rest being the same.

What do you think? Obviously nearly all the required suit casting requirements have been removed in order to keep casting balanced with weapon use, but I do want to enable auto triggers much like you can with weapons.

I'd very much like to hear your thoughts on this.

***********

On that note, stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment