Thursday 9 May 2013

Recording = Done & Oh wow! GenCon!

Good Thursday everyone!

So last night we recorded Episode 08 of NFR, this will be edited tonight and uploaded shortly after.

Finally we're back to our 30 minute timing (yay!) and we spent the session preparing for next week when we officially start our updated rules MaliQuest campaign.

I could go on more but I don't want to spoil the show for you all.

***********

In other news: Wyrd have released their GenCon plans (kinda) http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?42030-Gen-Con-2013-Releases

Now there's a lot there that I'm not going to comment on, mainly because I have little interest in it, we're talking of course about Evil Baby Orphanage and Through the Breach.

But! There is also a good amount of stuff that I am interested in.

So Malifaux 2.0 will be there, yes we knew that already, but it's nice to see it confirmed, they will also have "miniatures", which isn't all that helpful, but it stops the last minute anger caused last year when quality control kicked in and they couldn't produce stock of certain items.

What we do know is that 'most' of Book 1 models should be there in plastic re sculpt form (more on this in a moment).

We also know that a Nightmare Edition of Tara the new Resser/Outcast master will be there. Will she be an entire crew or just her? Not sure at this point, but that certainly is interesting.

Of course we'll be seeing a new 'miss' model, and the new puppet wars, which I had the pleasure of seeing at Salute this year, and it does look very interesting.

All in all, let's just say I'm very happy that I'll have just over $100 worth of Wyrd store credit by the time this rolls around.

*****************

So I mentioned earlier about the coming re sculpts, and I have to be honest, I'm starting to loose excitement about them. I still can't wait to see what they do with Chompy in the new year, but other than that, I'm feeling a little deflated.

This comes after spending the last couple of weeks slowly painting my Salute models, of which there was a Desperate Merc, 3 Punk Zombies, Toshiro and Izamu (along with Bette Noir but that wasn't from Salute).

It's been great to paint again, but compared to Bette, the Punks and the Merc, Toshiro and Izamu are just unfun to paint. The detail is less pronounced and sharp and they actually feel less interesting. Izamu in particular, seeing his leg armour and what I've come to call "plastic stretch" is just disheartening.

He's still a fun model, I'll admit that, but seeing detail being stretched because of the medium's limitations is just terrible when you know that wouldn't happen with metal.

Sure, there are other bits like his broken arrows that you wouldn't get in metal, but personally id prefer a more simple model that doesn't have plastic stretch.

Anyway, I hate to leave this on a negative note, but leave it I must.

Back tomorrow with Episode 08.

Stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment