Wednesday 25 July 2012

MaliDAZED & Confused

Good Wednesday everyone!

So we're halfway through the week! Which means Saturday's demo day is looming closer and closer.

I know, I know, it's just a demo day and I'm sure it'll go fine. But what concerns me now is weather or not it will equal my first one.

It sounds silly to say, but my last (and first) demo day was a great success. I never expected someone on the back of my demos, post game discussion and enthusiasm for the game to turn around and buy 2 crews.

But that's what happened, and now I feel like I have a standard to maintain.

On the plus however this month's demo is going to be quite different to the last one. For starters it's only 3 hours long, compared to last month at 5. And secondly, it's there as a small game to play after people going to a card Tourny have finished/been kicked off.

I think the issue is that I don't know what to expect. I don't know if I'll even have a table, and it's not knowing that scares me more than anything else...

However I've not been sitting on my thumbs, no last night I made a first run at my flyer:


Those who play may recognise the bulk text, it's the blurb from the official site. I've also thrown in Wyrd's logo, the store Leisure Games and my club the Titans, or as I like to call it, the Hobby Holy Trinity (Manufacturer, Retailer and Consumer group).

As always a big thank you to Ratty for making the fonts and imagery available.

Naturally if anyone else out there thinks they can do better I would be super psyched to see it :)

The aim of this is a (laminated) page which I can attach to a corner of the table to allow passers by to read, sort of like the little blurb pages you get next to museum exhibits, only with less information (hopefully so people ask about it).

Anywho, those who've been following me recently may have read about my AAT course and how I was taking some mock exams?

Well Sunday was my first, sadly it was a fail at 59.98%, however I wasn't phased, it was my first exam in about 8 years and my first proper look at an AAT paper.

I also looked at where I went wrong and I am confident I can either minimise or remove those problem areas.

On Monday I did my second mock paper, this time I scored a pass at 70.42%!

I'm calling that a success! Again I've looked over where I went wrong and will look to addressing that next week.

Anywho, that's it from me, but first I would like to apologise for my lack of analytical articles, and instead splurge of narrative. I'll be looking to address that soon, I'm just feeling like I've lost my muse.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment