Friday 20 July 2012

Wicked Dolls: WIP

Hi again!

Just wanted to clue you all in on another little thing that I don't feel fitted in with my main post today.

So on Saturday 28th July I'm running my second Mali day: Doctor Loxley's MaliDAZE (more on this next week, hopefully with a promotional poster).

And one thing I intend on doing is picking up a Weaver Widow, I've asked them to reserve one for me, so with hope I'll be able to get one.

For those who don't know, the Weaver Widow is a model of a spider lady from Malifaux who rather innocuously walks around sewing dolls and teddies.

Now I love my teddies, well, My Teddy, only have one. However I don't own any of the dolls, and so last night I got started on making my own Wicked Dolls:







These are still work in progress (WIP) but I think they're coming along nicely.

I'll be painting them up in blue, pink and red patchwork, and will be experimenting with either Scorched Static Grass or Long Leaf Modelling Grass cut down to size as stuffing coming out of their holes, which will be applied after painting.

I'm also looking to apply some spider web to them after they've been finished, probably in the form of stretched out cotton wool covered in superglue. I have no idea how this will look, and so will need to make some test runs, but considering their maker is a giant spider mummy, it makes sense.

Anyway that's all from me for a hobby update.

Take care and see you all breach side!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment