Tuesday 6 November 2012

Dungeon Crawler? Vault Hunter? Tomb Raider?

Good Tuesday everyone!

So a few days have past, and my last post is quickly rising to be my most viewed post ever.

Thanks for that! And I take by the views and re-tweets/favourites that a lot of people are interested in this idea.

Well the good news is that sometime next week I should be popping up on the Malifools Podcast to chat about this, get the information out there for those who don't already know about it. And i'll be revealing any additional details that i've since come up with.

Yup you finally get to hear my whining voice :)

In the meantime, I've got two things I'd like to hear from you reader(s).

1). Firstly, I'd like some suggestions on a 'name' for this game.

2). Secondly once a name has been established, I'd love some ideas/suggestions for a logo.

Now for part 2). As this is requiring a bit of work from you (I suck at graphic design) I'm willing to offer a prize:
- For the lucky artist who's work is selected you get your logo printed on every publication of this game, be it hand outs, stat cards etc.

Now I need to say that in no way is this directly affiliated with Wyrd themselves, and in order to try to not tread on any feet everything that I do has to be free, so once I've run up example player cards, loot cards, scenario examples and rules supplements, all of this will need to be made available free of charge.

Anywho, we're back to part 1. A name...

I've been looking for ideas, inspiration and suggestions from the world of games and the similar style games I've played in the past.

In the table top world, I've played Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer Quest, and some others that I forget the name of.

On computer there's Diablo, Torchlight, Dungeon Keeper etc.

So I've been thinking (for all of 5 minutes) and the best few I've come up with are as follows:

- Malifaux Quest
- Relic Quest
- Dungeon Run
- Loot Hunter
- and a combination of them all, say Relic Hunter.

Please, any feedback is great, and if the name doesn't include the name Malifaux, then this will be inserted at the end, such as:
Relic Quest: A Malifaux RPG.

Right, well I'm starting to run low now, but please if you think you can contribute in any way, please do.

Serious, silly, psychedelic, your suggestions and efforts are greatly appreciated.

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

3 comments:

  1. Forgot to say, you can reach me through the usual channels:

    Twitter: @doctorloxley
    Email: doctorloxley@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Just been informed that Dungeon Run already exists as a game, and Relic Hunter is a TV show.

    Finding a name is HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently I'm leaning towards MaliQuest

    ReplyDelete