Wednesday 28 November 2012

MaliQuest: Grid Maps/Tiles

Good Wednesday everyone!

As you may or may not know, I have finally braved putting a post up in the form of a blog post on the Wyrd boards to promote MaliQuest: http://www.wyrd-games.net/entry.php?348-MaliQuest why not pop over there and show your support?

Anywho, tonight I am due to be recording again with the Malifools, where we will be discussing the proposed Skype game, as well as character creation.

***********

Today however, I'd like to bring up the topic of printable map tiles.

So it occurred to me, I am looking for this game to be playable, and as part of that it needs to be easily accessible to everyone.

While the ultimate aim is to use Dungeon Rise/World Works to create a dungeon to play, I see no reason why printable tiles would not be usable at the same time.

So I have done some quick research and found a number of printable .pdf files for Warhammer Quest: http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/file/n6586581/WHQ_tiles.pdf

The only problem with this set up is the lack of doors.

MaliQuest like many Dungeon Crawlers creates the illusion of an at of monsters with only a few models thanks to only 'spawning' what you can see, ie the room you are in. Doors help accommodate this by acting as an actual barrier to what you can and can not see.

With this in mind I would be grateful for the opinions from others.

Essentially we are saying that any game that allows you to make a dungeon set up should be sufficient, I'm unsure about scale, but I can't see there being problems with the likes of Warhammer Quest, MageKnight, hell, even Space Hulk should work if required.

I'd like to hear what you think, should the GM provide the crawlspace themselves?

Many thanks and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment