Monday 26 November 2012

MaliQuest: The Loot Deck

Good Monday everyone!

So before I start, I'd just like to check something with some people: I know some of you are familiar with accounting, and as you know I'm studying for my resit for my first exam for year 1 of AAT.

Double entry for the main ledger:
If you take money (sales/purchases return) its
Debit: Control Account
Credit: Relevant account
Credit: VAT account

And if you spend money (sales returns/purchases)
Credit: Control Account
Debit: Relevant account
Credit: VAT account

By relevant I mean, if your talking about sales, then it's the sales account.

And the control account is the Gross figure, Relevant account is NET and VAT is the VAT amount.

Is this right? Just I seriously messed that up in my last exam.

***************

Anyway, on with the show!

So I've been a busy little bee over the past week, and what do I have to show for it?

Well let me show you!

As they say in the movies "say hello to my little friend" https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk3m4p2f25jjh2k/MaliQuestPass1.zip

What you're looking at here is the entirety of Pass One at the Loot Deck Essentials.

That's 4 separate .pdf files, a total of roughly 100 unique cards, which when applied to the rarity figures becomes a LOT more.

So for every common card, there's 4 of them, 3 for every uncommon, 2 for every rare and 1 for every epic!

If you would like to have a look at them and let me know, that would be super appreciated, in addition if you want to print them out and have a quick feel, that would also be good too.

Now remember, there are a LOT of cards there, some of them are of only a certain rarity, others range from common to epic.

Initially it might feel like there are too many cards, but this is where the GM comes in, any cards they don't like, they can be excluded.

Does your GM only want to play with Epic cards? No problem!

Perhaps he hates guns and only wants Melee weapons? Just remove all ranged cards!

This is Pass One at the cards, based on your suggestions and feedback, I can make corrections and move onto Pass Two.

Also, please give thought to what I said before about themed deck expansions. Is there a whole range of cards that you think I'm missing and need to include? Please tell me your thoughts!

Ok I've gotta get going, I've got a day off today from working on Saturday and I don't want to spend all of it floundering around the bath.

Stay safe, and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually ok at accounting entries as long as I think in terms of cash. So simple approach:

    Dr Debtors
    Cr VAT
    Cr P&L Sales (revenue)

    Cash comes in
    Dr Cash
    Cr Debtors

    Pay your VAT
    Dr VAT
    Cr Cash

    Off the top of my head, but been a while since I've properly done any VAT Accounting, so a tad sketchy.

    ReplyDelete