Wednesday 21 November 2012

Plans & Poorly Babies

Good Wednesday everyone!

It's been a couple of days since my last post, but don't you worry, I have not been slacking.

For starters my poor little Moo has been quite poorly. As I mentioned before, it started over the weekend and is still going on. Last night however was the most dramatic improvement (sleep wise) as she only woke up one, and that was because she would have been super hungry.

You see, last night, just before she was being put to bed around 18:30 she had her last milk bottle of the night, until she knocked the bottle out of my hands and proceeded to spew the entire contents of her stomach across me, her own sleep suit, the sofa and my wife's laptop.

Let me tell you, the smell of 2hr old part digested milk is NOT pleasant.

But everything got cleared up, I went and had a bath and then proceeded to do some more work on MaliQuest.

I'm afraid at this point I am unable to reveal just what I was doing last night. There is a big reveal coming soon, but I need to make sure the ball is rolling first before I promise the world.

What I can say however, on Monday night I spent more time working on my templates!

These are multi layer .pdf files, similar to Ratty's card creator.

The aim with these is simple, have multi layers of card rarities, faction logos, subheaders etc which will allow me to mass produce cards, and other people to make their own cards with minimal effort.

Once the interview we recorded on Sunday is available I'll make sure to include links to these templates as well as the example cards.

So currently I have the following available: an Equipment Template for making Head, Torso, Boot etc slot items, a Weapon Template and an Artifact template.

I have yet to create a functioning template for Mods, and because of the range of different types of mods, may need to do many templates; one for Ammo Mods, One for Stat Mods etc.

I would love to hear your thoughts, but obviously I know you can't give them until you've seen what I've done. But it's Wednesday, just a few more days and it'll be revealed!

**************

On a related matter, any budding graphic designers/artists? I'm still on the look out for a MaliQuest logo.

In addition to this, I'm looking for suggestions for 2 Demo Characters. Something someone could use to test the game out. I'm looking for one who's a good solid beatstick/tank and someone who's range. If they focus on spells over range, then all the better.

If it sounds like I'm being cryptic, then I'm afraid that is on purpose, but again please have faith and I promise all will be revealed in good time.

Oh! And healers! Any good suggestions for a team healer model? I seem to remember Misaki's mentor from book 4 had a heal she can cast on others, but I can't remember either her base size or her point cost.

************

Anyway, that's it from me today, stay safe and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment