Monday 19 November 2012

MaliQuest: Weekend Round Up

Good Monday everyone!

I'll be honest, at first today did not look like it was going to be a good morning, my daughter is slightly poorly again, and as such was awake around 22:00, 00:00 and 05:00, so poor sleep for me. It's not like she can help it, and over the weekend she did let us sleep until 0900, so I can hardly complain.

But no, today is a good morning. Largely because of a great weekend.

So on Saturday I had my final demo as an on-probation Henchman, which as per usual was great fun, teaching some people how to play the game from scratch, helping others to understand their newly purchased crews, and I also had a great discussion with one of the staff members at the store.

I won't mention him by name, but it turns out he is a massive RPG fan. I had mentioned MaliQuest to him before, back when it was an extremely fledgling idea. But now I've run by the different ideas past him and he loved it! He also had some great suggestions which I am taking on board and in a couple if cases using outright.

Resisting the urge to spend money that I don't own, I then went home and made arrangements to record my interview for Malifools radio.

Roll on Sunday, a nice lay in, a nice trip into town followed by the before mentioned chat with Jon from the Malifools!

Now I have to be honest here, I was very worried before we spoke, those who know me already know that I'm a massive worrier anyway. I can't go out without worrying that something will happen to myself or my family, throw in a recording session were my promoting of MaliQuest almost entirely relies on myself covering all the bases and doing so in an exciting and engaging way - that's a lot of anxiety right there. Top it off that I was speaking to one of the Malifools! A minor celebrity in the Malifaux scene. Well to say I had butterflies was putting it lightly.

Of course this was all for nought. The words flowed and the recording was made (all be it with a terrible song selection for the Malifaux Minion, and I can not apologise enough about that) and as I knew would be the case, Jon was great. Friendly and approachable - just a normal guy you might say (a normal guy who is 1/3rd of a podcast group with hundreds of hits every week!)

But it went really well I hope, and when it goes up I'll be sure to post my cards that I have discussed somewhere (if anyone can suggest a free file share site, I'd be most grateful). And then I would love it if as the cards are discussed you looked through them yourself. Things make a LOT more sense when you have them in front of you at the time.

Anywho, unfortunately I don't have all that much to look forward to this week. Next weekend I have to work most of Saturday and a few hours on Sunday, so this week will be mostly spent doing revision for my exam which is now being booked for January, creating more cards for MaliQuest and thinking about putting together an initial rules supplement for the game and of course playing some WoW.

I'll be sure to post here when the episode is up along with a link to it, but if you are already subscribed to the Malifools via iTunes (and if not, why not?) then you should find it popping into your list by the weekend at the latest.

Take care and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment