Thursday 27 December 2012

Back to the grind

Good Thursday all,

So it's the 27th, we're all back to work (except for First Capital Connect who appear to still be on holiday based on the train service at WGC).

I trust everyone has had a wonderful time off?

I genuinely have, my mother inlaw visited, presents were given and lots of fun was had.

Amazingly my cat even went the entire if yesterday without once trying to pee on my stuff!
- in no way am I chancing fate and saying he is 'fixed' but this is a step in the right direction.

So ultimately we're onto presents. I was given an awesome collection of wargames stuff including the Seamus boxed set, along with aSeamus, the large Sarissa hotel and the coolest of water towers:



Yesterday I got started in assembling my new Dungeon Rise box, and surprisingly it was a lot easier than anticipated. After about 30mins to an hour I built the following:












Of course this is just an example dungeon and my first attempt, there were plenty of components left over for me to use.

I've also come up with an idea that I'm going to try out very soon; using walls only on the North and East walls (where possible). This should make it easier to move models around, allow better view points, but also give more walls for me to use, and that was what seemed to be lacking.

******************

Last night I also made a pass on the MaliQuest card backs, and created this as my first attempt:



After initial feedback it was agreed that this looked a little too clean and so it was filtered into this:



Rather depressingly, when it prints out (at least on my printer) the pattern is hardly visible. This may be altered, but thankfully the name itself pops!

**************

And that's where we are. I'm sadly still waiting for a train (I'm sadly going to be late) tonight I should have an game of Blood Bowl over Steam and I am counting down the minutes until I can finish tomorrow and have a lovely 4 day weekend.

Stay safe, and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment