Friday 7 December 2012

I have cards coming out of my ears!

Good Friday everyone!

Wow what a time this has been!

In the past few weeks I've generated, printed and cut out roughly 250 Loot cards, I've gone through 5 versions of the character cards which I have now printed out and laminated, had 2 recordings with the Malifools, one of them being 1.5hrs long! Begun work ok the Skype maps, and discussed the rules over and over!

I have still to produce the On Pickup cards (Soul Stones & Booby Traps), I was planning on doing them last night, but printing and laminating took priority (plus Young Apprentice).

I also have yet to finalise death, and what happens in game.

I've spoken to a good few about it, and the current working model is to use Soul Stones. I've had some very good suggestions made, but I'm going to stick with my gut feeling. It's being adjusted however:

When you are reduced to 0Wds you are dead. Any party member Within 6" can perform an (all)? Action to resurrect you at the cost of a Soul Stone, you are then Summoned anywhere Completely Within 6" of the Resurrector.

If you are the only adventurer, then instead you can use your own stones to Rez on the spot, but this is only allowed when you are solo.

In both instances as you are summoned, you gain Slow.

I think this is the easiest way of working it, staying true to that Malifaux world and making it easy to remember.

****************

Anyway, what's in store? Not much I am afraid! Tonight I am meeting up with the guys from the Titans club for their Xmas Social (I've brought some cards along to ask for opinions in person), this weekend should be nice, my sister is coming over to spend some time with my Mini Moo, and on Monday I'll be turning 29!

So bring on the birthday weekend I say!

Oh and before I forget, I've penciled in a day for my next demo! Sunday 23rd! It'll be a Christmas Demo!

Stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good way to handle it, sort of like fate points in wfrpg but cooperative rather than individual. Also means you shouldn't annoy the other players. Would the solo bit apply if you walked away from the others or would it only apply if you are the only player?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only when your the only player. It's to encourage teamwork and cooperative game play.

    The solo mechanics may change later, but at the moment I want players playing a solo experience to be able to adventure without death being quite so scary

    ReplyDelete