Friday 28 December 2012

BloodBowl

Good Friday all!

Before I begin, let me wish you all a Happy New Year. I am aiming to write a post on Tuesday, but that will be in the year 2013.

So if you don't hear from me before then, stay safe and party on!

**********

Anyway, last night I played my regular gaming partner at a game of BloodBowl thanks to the combined medium of PC gaming and Skype.

I must say, it has been a very long time since I last played BloodBowl, and I knew there must be a reason why.

With hindsight I now get it: I never fully knew the rules before! Tackle zones, dodging, catching! Everything just seemed a jumbled mess of stats and dice rolls.

This is where the computer comes in.

I mentioned in a previous post about Computer Games like Vassel replacing the actual miniature game, and most people have replied saying that they don't think it ever would.
- well let me tell you, with the medium of Skype to chat to my friend, I would gladly play a game if BloodBowl on a weekly basis, maybe even more!

Gone are the calculations of what I need to roll or the negative modifiers!

Gone is the need to try and work out the best route down the pitch!

Now all I need to do is click a player, click where he wants to go and the computer does the rest!

So how did the game go? Well we played two games, his Elves vs my Skaven. Two games and I didn't score a single touch down!

What I did however was get 2 team members killed, but also managed to foul about 3-4 of his players without a single send off!

Oh and Rat Ogres are terrific!
- truth be told, they are the only reason why I play Skaven, them and mutations!

Anyway, that's it from me for now.

So stay safe, and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment