Wednesday 12 December 2012

MaliQuest: Character Creation

Good Wednesday all!

So it's halfway through the week, and while I don't know about everyone, here it's freaking cold!

So yesterday's post was not as obvious as I intended, what I meant by Radio Silence was to tell people not to be surprised if things were quiet on my front for a few days while I got some required documents done.

Interestingly, in an hour and a half I managed to write up the Character Creation Document here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss26e7bd5bx3pd6/CharacterCreation.pdf

I'd be super grateful if you could give it a look over, try to create some characters and post the results.

Obviously the system isn't infallible, I'm not under the delusion that the +3-1 stat distribution will create a guaranteed playable character, if you stack all three points in Hight and deduct the one from Wounds, I'm not saying that will be a great character, but that is where inspiration comes in, and why the first couple of steps are about coming up with a concept and 'character' for your Adventurer. Clearly you're going to have more fun with Thanatos the Steam Powered Juggernaught than you would with Jonny the Completely Random Nubcake.

But what I need is you to create your character, run the stats and let me know what you think. Do you think you'll be overpowered? Underpowered? Not powered in the right way?

You see the +3-1 system seems to work fine by itself, but this does not take into account the extra stats you get from gear, and so we're back to that. Perhaps the +2 stats (Ca, Df, Wk etc) are too powerful, should the common and uncommon cards be reduced to +1?

This is where your help is more valuable than anything, we've come very far in a short amount of time, and soon we'll be hitting the live date.

So please, give it a look, tell me your thoughts and ask any questions - but please note, if it's a game play mechanic question, such as 'how is initiative worked our?' Or 'what role does the Winds of Fate play?' These will all be explained in the actual Rules Document.

Anyway, take care and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment