Wednesday 16 January 2013

A Date to Remember/Forget

Good Wednesday everyone!

So, remember when I said that next Tuesday was the 1 Year Birthday of New Fairbank News (NFN)? Remember how I was timing the launch of MaliQuest to coincide with the birthday?

Yeah it seems I was a week early, it's not next Tuesday but the Tuesday after.

Ho-hum!

Anyway, the next 24 hours seems interesting. Because of an unfortunate event my wife needs to go up t'north which means I'll be looking after the Mini Moo by myself. This is looking to be interesting, and tonight I am planning to do some more painting.

Currently I've been working on the skin for my Seamus crew, and as a Work In Progress I have Avatar Seamus for you guys:


Clearly there is a lot of work to go for this, the skin needs highlighting, the hat, trousers, boots and cuffs need painting and the jacket needs shading and highlighting.

If you're wondering about the skin, this is because I refuse to see aSeamus as a Mr Hyde model. I know of the reference people are making, but I'm sorry, LoEG was an assassination against literature. No this dude is The Hulk!

Of course I didn't want to go with green skin, not when his jacket it orange and his base is very green heavy. Cue original Hulk:


For those who didn't know, The Hulk was originally gray, and this seemed to me like a good tone to offset the vibrant orange of the jacket.

I still need to highlight the skin, and I'll probably do so tonight.

Anyway, this is where I am at the moment. Looking forward to some Father & Daughter time tonight, followed by painting and maybe even an early night - I am so rock n roll!

Anyway, stay safe and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment