Thursday 31 January 2013

What Lurks Beneath: Final

Good Thursday everyone!

Well it looks like this is a week of reminiscing and completing things. Earlier this week it was MaliQuest, now it's my terrain entrant for the Malifools contest.

I am proud to bring you: The Newfairbank Beast!



Here you have ol' beasty being investigated by Dead Justice and her crew of rotters.

I realise now when I sit it next to my other terrain that it appears the base coat spray paint I used was lighter than I used on my other bits. It was a can I bought months ago when my previous one ran out. I thought it was the same colour, but obviously not.



Here we have Perdita giving a bit of scale to the item. As you can see it's not exactly small, but not large either.



A better view on a little bit of detail I added. This is the remains of a previous meal the Newfairbank Beast had eaten.



Last is a full shot with nothing in the way.

Perhaps compared to my previous terrain project of Chapel Hill this was a lot less ambitious with far less detail, but I had one goal in mind:
- I was making this for a contest, but I wanted something that I would be happy with using in an every day game of Malifaux, so even if I didn't win (and as I said yesterday, there is still competition, so the odds are stacked against me) then I still get to walk away with a terrain item that I can use and enjoy. Much better to do that than instead make an item that is both awesome, but something I would never use in a normal game.

*****************

Right where was I? Apologies I just received a DM over Twitter that threw my attention all over the place and needed my attention (you nub Jon!) but it's all good and fixed now.

Oh yes, signing off!

****************

Well there we have it! I hope you enjoyed watching the progress of this project, and that I've convinced those of you who were dubious that you can make nice looking terrain for a fraction of the price from a shop!

And on that note, stay safe and I'll see you all breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment