Friday 1 February 2013

MaliQuest: The Compendium

Good Friday everyone!

I had an idea today, an idea that I think will rock your socks off:

The MaliQuest Compendium!

By now I am sure those interested have read the rules pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsi8lmb2bdb4dw7/MaliQuestRulesv1.2.pdf

But it's not very pretty looking is it?

It's not exactly something that you would show off to your friends.

This is where the compendium comes in!

The plan is to make the rules pack into a "printer friendly" version, while this will be full colour filled with fluff of all sorts.

We'll have creative writing from myself and anyone else who wants to submit some, we'll have artwork and sketches, and even example characters and custom boss ideas!

Think of this as the Malifaux Main Book compared to the Rules Manual: lots of fun stuff to add flavour but you don't need that stuff to play a game.

************

This is where you guys come in.

Do you enjoy creating art be it pictures or the written word?

I can promise you now that if you send me something that is a serious addition (no drawings of Penises in MSPaint please) then I will find a way if fitting it in.

It may not go into the main compendium, but as Wyrd release their new books every year, I too will be supporting this with expansions (I mean come on! How often do I go on about The Paths of Fate expansion?) and your work WILL feature.

You will also be credited in the book for contributing and so recognition will go where is properly deserved.

***********

This may not sound like the best offer, I'm afraid I can't offer payment as there are no fees charged for this game, but you'll be able to share your work with the world, and that is pretty awesome if you ask me!

***************

Over the weekend or next weekend I'll look into releasing an introduction bit of writing, welcoming new people to New Fairbank (the town that sits above where MaliQuest is set), it will introduce you to fluff characters who you may wish to use and give you a bit more back story to the town.

**************

This is just the beginning!

Stay safe, and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment