Sunday 17 March 2013

MaliQuest: Trinity

Good Sunday everyone!

Today I'd like to have a brief chat with you about the first planned MaliQuest Expansion.

For those who remember I had originally planned to release The Paths of Fate as the first expansion, either including or followed closely by The Black Market.

It has now occurred to me that that is something else that NEEDS to come before all of these, however it should still remain an optional ruleset.

*************

I'm talking of course of the RPG Holy Trinity, aka Tank, Healer & DPS.

******************

Now I think it's fair to say that currently every player in MaliQuest fits the DPS class.

Even if you're pimped out with +Df, +Armour and Hard to Wound, your focus is still on either damaging or controlling the enemy.

What I am proposing is that each character can gain one of 2 (3? More on this is a moment) cards which give them an extra (0) Action to choose from.

Those who pick the Tank Class get the following:

(0) Taunt CC: 10, Rst: Wp, Rg: 8?
Target enemy's next offensive Spell or Strike must target the caster.

Those who pick Healer Class get the following:

(0) Magic Shield
CC: 10, Rst - Rg 8
Target friendly model gains Armour +2 the next time they suffer Dg.

As you can see the Taunt forces the beasties to attack the Tank (who ideally should have more Df and Wd than the rest of the party) and the Magic Shield provides damage mitigation.

I weighed up the possibility of providing the Healer with a low powered heal instead, but after discussion with the wife we agreed that mitigation would be more fun.

***********
Now I mentioned before about a possible 3rd class? This would be the DPS.

I'm curious to hear what you think, should defining yourself as a DPS also give you a class based (0) Action? Or should these be saved for Tanks and Healers?

Keep in mind, without Instinctual (and currently no gear provides this) you can still only cast 1 (0) Action per turn, so the Tanks & Healers still need to decide what they're going to do with their (0) Actions, but these actions should help them in their roles.

Anyway, that's all from me, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

As always, stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment