Friday 8 March 2013

The thin line between Nerd Rage & OCD

Good evening everyone!

Tonight I'd like to chat with you about Nerd Rage and the passion behind being a Nerd.

I know a lot of people have differing opinions as to what separates Nerds from Geeks and Dorks, but one term I've seen used a lot is that a Nerd is a super passionate Geek about one particular thing. This explanation would account for Nerd Rage.

Well today while beavering away at my desk I over heard a conversation where a few people were asking about the Xenos from Aliens and if they were made of metal as they were shiny and stuff.

The nerd in my wanted to volt over the table, hop around the office divider and explain to them they were wrong, why they were wrong and what the correct answer would be.

Essentially I wanted to nerd rage at them.

Despite a twitching eye I managed to stop myself and kept my head down and got the work done in time for the weekend.

But it occurred to me, while I was sitting there, twitching away, every single part of my body crying out to release the range.

In short I was compelled and obsessing about this information and why they were wrong.

I felt like for that moment I was suffering from OCD.

****************

So now I'm left wondering, is this normal for Nerd Rage? Is Nerd Rage based off the fact that Nerds are OCD over their obsessions?

***********

As always I can only talk about myself. Maybe I'm slightly OCD over Aliens facts but maybe that is just me.

Anyway, that's my thoughts for the day.

Stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment